Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Dinner Party

My son's 2nd birthday was back in Feb. but I wanted to share it with you anyways cause this was kinda my first "project" I actually did since Ive been reading all these blogs. I had just gotten my first sewing machine and was really itching to make something cool so I decided to do a dinner party instead of just regular kid party with cake and finger foods and a bunch of people standing around. I had already decided that it was just going to be family this year because hes to shy and plus I didnt want a bunch of people in my house because I would go CRAZY... ( my house is not the cool open plans like all these new houses its one box room after the other)

When I was deciding how I wanted to decorate I knew I wanted to use my Fiestaware that Ive been collecting. Ps. I LOVE Fiestaware its soooo pretty! So I decided to design the party around my fiestaware and go with bright colors.



I already had the Happy Birthday felt banner (that you can barely see in the upper left corner) and the table runner from Hobby Lobby that I got last year for his 1st birthday.


I had to set an extra table so I made this little table runner out of felt to coordinate with the main table.


We have a TON of old soda bottles. So when I was trying to think of what to do for a centerpiece I thought these would be perfect with a flower in each of them. And I just love how it came out! It was simple enough that it looked good for a child's birthday but still pretty for all the adults to enjoy it. Plus also who doesnt love flowers in Feburary?! It totally got everybody ready for spring weather!

How pretty huh?!

I made these cones for everybody and tied them on the back of each chair. They were my party bags and my place cards. I just made the place cards out of scrapbook paper and used chenille sticks to hold them up.


And of course we had to have Elmo or "Melmo" as Nash calls him at the party! And theres a better shot of the banner from Hobby Lobby I love it!




And last but definately not least the birthday boy! He use to do this really sweet little grin and say "cheeeesssseee" and it was so cute. But then it turned into this.... instead of a sweet little grin his face gets all scrunched up and one eye shuts more than the other and his mouth kinda turns into a growl. But of course I still think its adorable!

I had so much fun planning and decorating for this party and it turned out so good (at least I think so) and most importantly the birthday boy had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment